Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Make Your Voice Heard Survey

First blog post since Spring Break!

This week the Make Your Voice Heard survey data was released.  The Make Your Voice Heard survey is a survey that Jefferson County School District gives to students (2nd -12th grade) once every-other year to gather feedback about their school experience.  The survey focuses on three main areas; relationships, climate, and rigor/relevance.  Our students have consistantly expressed that the Open School is a place where they feel safe, cared for, and connected.  This year was no different and I wanted to share some of the highlights with you.

All percentages equal the percent of "agree" or "strongly agree" responses from students.

Relationships:

Elementary
  • My teachers help me. 100%
  • My teachers respect me. 99%  
Secondary
  • Staff members at this school care about students. 99%
  • There is a least one adult I can go to when I need help with school work. 97%
Climate:

Elementary
  • I feel safe at school. 96%
  • The students at my school tell an adult if they see bullying. 88%
Secondary
  • I feel safe at school. 87%
  • I will graduate from High School 98%
Rigor/Relevance:

Elementary
  • My teachers encourage me to do my best. 98%
  • My teachers make it fun to be in class. 97%
  Secondary
  • My teachers encourage me to do my best. 97%
  • My teachers know a lot about the subject they teach. 98%

No comments:

Post a Comment